About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
I shoot with Pentax film (and digital) SLRs.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pentax SF1

Bought this camera body only for $15 locally on craigslist. The 2CR5 battery costs $15 however... I REALLY love this camera! This grip is perfect, it has a built-in 'soft release' shutter button. If Pentax could squeeze all the features of the K5 in this body I would be in heaven. I'd keep the slider controls, add another one near the shutter button for Av control, put in a DoF preview; add an AF mode switch, screen, and four-way control pad on the back and you've got a sweet, retro dSLR! Might sell my ZX-5n and keep this for my AF film camera. The -5n produces too 'perfect' of images in my opinion. I like a little bit of surprise with film. My K10D is for the perfect shots.

Off-center hot shoe for reduced red-eye and allows for a central LCD screen.
Built-in AF assist beam! In 1987!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels